Montag, 22. September 2014

Team

Song of the day:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2JuxM-snGc

First day at the California State University East Bay - Orientation week is on! We had to walk about 15 minutes to reach the campus and the right building. The campus is very huge compared to our German one - but there are only 13.000 students - I thought it would be more! So when we arrived we where divided into groups but first all of us got an introduction into different things, we even learned how to behave when an earthquake occurs: squat, get down and under a table! We even practiced that... crazy! Then we went to the PC lab to set up our IDs and mail accounts. We got a tour around campus after that before heading to lunch. There are several options for lunch: Subway, Panda Express, Einstein Bagel (<-- ULM!!), Starbucks,... and there is a big canteen which is an all you can eat buffet. Breakfast is around 5$ and lunch around 8$. There was a big selection of food, they even have some vegan meals. After the meal we had to go to see the nurse. I heard from a lot of people that you get an injection so the university knows that you do not have tuberculose. It wasn't that bad as I expected it to be, on thursday we have to go back to see the nurse, then she will tell us the test results. Then our first day was over! There are a lot of international students, I would count them to be around 60-80 persons. I met some Koreans and a Swedish girl which reminded me so much of my time in Korea again... The rest seems to be German people... After the orientation I went to buy a hoodie of the university which was for sale. I payed around 40 bucks for a cozy sweater with the "CSUEB" letters. Great buy so far, I am wearing it at the moment! The weather was fantastic again so Andrea and I chilled for another 2 hours at the pool working on our tan... This is the only pic I made today:






















After the temperature got a bit chilly I decided to go to the gym. No pain no gain... puh! Will spend the evening writing mails and postcards - excited how tomorrow will be!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen